Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Journey for Max

There are a lot of things that I cannot imagine doing, healthy or ill. One of them is running across Death Valley in July.

But Connie Karras will do just that, and this year she is running to honor a friend with CFS.

Last year, Connie ran her first Badwater Solo and it was her friend Max Gordon who helped her do it. Despite her illness, Max stayed with Connie as part of her support crew. Connie credits Max with helping her finish. So this year, Connie will run another Badwater Solo to raise money for the CFIDS Association.

I've made my pledge in support of Connie's run. Will you do the same?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swatchy,

I cried when I learned of your blog entry about the upcoming race to raise funds and awareness for CFIDS.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for honoring Max and the millions of people who suffer with this mysterious complex of ME.

I have seen firsthand what havoc ME wreaks in those trying to make sense of it all, oftentimes in the face of unsupportive and skeptical /negative family and friends.

I hope to be able to thank you in person someday for your supportive kindness.

I have been blessed with excellent health all of my life; it is one of the greatest mysteries of life why some must carry crosses of ill health while others do not. How I wish I could spread my good health around for everyone to enjoy.

Praying for a "cure" and until that happens, the compassionate, loving treatment we ALL deserve from one another.

Happy trails,

Connie Karras :)

Knittah said...

Connie - welcome to the blog! Friends like you keep people like me going, despite the ravages of CFIDS. Without our healthy supporters, we would be in deep trouble. So thank YOU!

Anonymous said...

Knittah,

You are more than welcome for the support.

As you know, Max, her son Parker and her entire family need much right now as her CFS is becoming worse...

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts; I hope to be able to meet you someday in the future.

Thank you too for all your tireless efforts on behalf of those affected by CFS. You are appreciated more than you know.

Happy trails my friends,

Connie Karras