Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Benn Eighe

En route from Gairloch to Skye, we hiked at Benn Eighe. It was a very very steep, rocky climb up to lovely views--west to even greater, rockier heights, east to a beautiful blue lake and more peaks to climb. Here I am at the summit:

swatchy et al on benn eighe

After all Eliza and I had imagined about the Highlands, we still just didn't appreciate how High and Rugged they really are:

on benn eighe

weds above the look

Here's the group, before we head back down:

Weds the group

Shortly after this photo, Eliza took a spectacular fall on the trail--tripped and flew and rolled in the heather. On flat ground. Classic.

2 comments:

Knittah said...

You didn't tell me about the fall on flat ground!

Anonymous said...

Please, this is me we're talking about. Hiking for a week. Totally inevitable. But I do know how to pick my spots--notice how I did *not* do it while making my way up the cliff above the beach earlier in the week, or on the rockiest parts of the ascent on this particular hike. Yessirree, I'm a pro.