Saturday, October 13, 2007

Utah? No, YOU tah!

We decided to relax and detox from Las Vegas in lovely St. George, UT, home of Devon's friend Callie. We did lots of hiking!

The desert is SOOO different from home in NJ. There are these HUGE rock sandstone mountains everywhere, and the air is so, so dry. There's NO humidity and it never rains -- great for hair but your throat gets so dry during the night.

Callie's family keeps their shoes outside because there's not even DEW!

We went to Snow Canyon's sand dunes -- the sand is as soft as powder, I loved curling my toes up in it.

Except for the scorpions!

Oh, they only come out at night, don't be such a sissy.


Then Callie, Devon, and I went to Zion National Park for a nice long hike. I remembered my hiking shoes this time! The red mountains are so incredibly huge you can't even comprehend.

Utah's a beautiful place to visit but I don't think we could stay there. The grammatical errors in the newspaper alone almost made my head explode! But Callie was a fantastic hostess and we had a wonderful time. Next up, the piece de resistance!

1 comment:

Knittah said...

I thought I commented on this post already!

Zion is one of my favorite places. I was there in 1993, and was completely blown away by the rock formations. The way the water reshapes the place every year. Standing at the bottom and looking up at one of the rock cliffs is a moving experience. I'll dig out some of my pictures and write a longer post, perhaps.