Friday, April 27, 2007

Just Beachy

Sun and sand equals time on the beach. See how Kim and I are keeping an eye on the kids? It's hard to keep track of so many of them.
beachtime.jpg

I preferred working on my tan with some of the teachers.
sunbathingtwo.jpg

Don't worry, I used plenty of sunblock!
sunbathing.jpg

I really needed a nap.
beachnap.jpg

One problem with the beach is that the bigger people tend to kick up a lot of sand. You have to watch out.
sandinmyface.jpg

The ocean sure looked nice, but I didn't go in. Fear of felting, you know.
aloneonbeach.jpg

Then we got a big surprise. Mr. Leatherback came up on the beach for a visit!
mrleatherbackwater.jpg

He wanted to see how things on the nesting beach were going. He also checked out the hatchery where we save clutches of eggs that would otherwise be washed away by the tide. We got to talking, and all became great friends.
friendswithmrleatherback.jpg

Make sure you check out Mr. Leatherback's video of his visit to the beach!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hee hee, Mr Leatherback! Love the video, too.