Thursday, September 06, 2007

Swatchy Prep is safe and sound!

Hey Knittah!

Whew, what a wild ride I had in that Post Office truck! I guess it was preparation for all those crazy tuk-tuks we'll be taking in Thailand. I made it to New Jersey safe and sound, and Devon and I have already become the best of friends. She's really excited to play with my hair, and she ADORES my pink and green shirt and pink and purple scarf. We've been talking about our travel plans... first, we're off to Toronto Canada, then Portland OR, where we'll meet up with Celeste, and then bum around Cali for a little while. I'm especially excited about the road trip to Vegas -- I just love Cirque du Soleil! Here's a picture of Devon and me -- girlfriends! Note that we both have green eyes - so cool!The next few weeks will be spent packing and reading about backpacking... I can't wait to get started! (Devon is already starting to lose her cool -- hope I'll be able to keep her from freaking out TOO much!) See ya soon!

Love,
Swatchy Prep
xoxoxo

P.S. Enclosed is a letter from Devon to the Swatchy readership. I'll let her tell you about herself!

Hello Swatchy World!

My name is Devon. I am a 26 year old former schoolteacher, knitter, yoga devotee, and aspiring amateur photographer from the Jersey Shore. I grew up here, went to college here (Rutgers rah!), and have never been anywhere else for any significant amount of time. I decided in the spring that the public school system was not for me, and I'm spending the money I saved up for a house on a trip around the world!
After our month in Cali, Swatchy and I will probably travel via the Pacific islands to Thailand and spend some time bumming around Asia. Stopping back home around January, we will then live in the DR for a few months and hit up Europe when it gets nice and warm. (This plan is subject to change, of course, based on weather, beach conditions, employment, and cute Australians.) Anyway, I am just hoping to find something that's missing in my life. No, that's not it... just trying to live to my maximum potential and do only things that make me happy! I am looking forward to traveling with Swatchy and Knittah instead of alone... I think they'll be the perfect travel companions-- someone to keep me company, but I still get to make all the decisions!
I will try to update as often as possible, though internet access may get patchy at times.
Talk to you soon!
~Dev

P.S. Ignore my bra strap and greasy hair in above pic. Please.

3 comments:

Knittah said...

I am loving how the Swatchys wound up being so perfect for their hosts - matching eyes, even!

Oh, and I've heard there is NO shortage of cute Australians in Bali, so I hope you eventually come back . . .

Mwah! Mwah!! Have a great trip!

Korin said...

yay! Ruby can't wait to meet Devon AND swatchy prep. looks like we'll have two swatchies here together. it'l be swatchy heaven. :)

noricum said...

Welcome to the group!

Noricum & Swatchy