Saturday, October 21, 2006

Beading


Swatchgrrl with Bead Projects

Dear Knittah,

Today Noricum took me to the Big Apple Glass Art and Bead Festival. Given your problems with crowds and standing, this would not be the place for you. There weren't as many people as yesterday at MOMA, but the space was also much smaller. We spent a lot of time standing in crowds to do the free "Make It and Take Its". I prodded her to take some photos, but she was having too much fun with the beads.

Noricum got to make three projects... an appropriately tacky Christmas tree ornament, a pair of earrings, and a cell phone fob. She said I can have the earrings if I want, but I don't know. Do you think they suit me? They tend to snag on things too. Perhaps I should tell her to just hang them on her Christmas tree too. I wish she had gotten to do the beaded velvet pouch, but they were on the last round of demos for that by the time she arrived. (The website was very misleading when it came to the free projects.)

You should have seen Noricum when she found that silver bead that looks rather like a ball of yarn. She bought a silk cord to string it on too, and plans to wear it to Rhinebeck.

Will write more tomorrow night!

Love,
Swatchgrrl

No comments: