Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Breakfast of Champions

Dear Swatchy,

So our first full day in Costa Rica started with breakfast, of course. Most of our meals were at Kike’s. It’s a restaurant about 10 minutes from the beach. The owner is named Kike (pronounced key-kay), and he is very nice. He takes good care of everyone who comes to visit the turtles. I spent the morning making my rounds at the table.

mcswatchycoffee

mcswatchywithx
You know, doing the meet and greet. It’s hard work being an ambassador, but you already know that.

mcswatchyhal
That's me with Dr. Hal, who works with Knittah's Dad, and Hal's mom. She's been to Playa Grande a bunch of times.

This last picture is one of my favorites.
mcswatchyoscar
This is Oscar and Barbara, old friends of Mom and Dad. They knew Knittah when she was just a little baby. They are the nicest people, and they even let me borrow some sunglasses!

Love, McSwatchy

1 comment:

noricum said...

Dear McSwatchy,

Being an ambassador is indeed lots of work, but has it's joys too. It looks like you got to meet lots of friendly people. :) I can't wait to hear about the sea turtles... and it looks like you've been working on your tan too! (I'm still my same old pale green... no tanning up here at this time of year!)

Love,
Swatchy